Rose's Reviews > The Witch of Blackbird Pond

The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare

Nov 30, 2008

did not like it

Terrible book IMHO

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witch of Blackbird Pond.

Finished Reading
November 30, 2008 – Shelved

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian definetly the worst book i have ever read

message 2: by Ella (new)

message 3: by Jane (new) - rated it 1 star

Jane I know it was just so lame and straight-forward i agree w/ everybody!

message 4: by Ella (new)

SO LAME!!!!!!

message 5: by Jane (new) - rated it 1 star

Jane yes

message 6: by Janene (new)

Janene Can we expand on this? lol

message 7: by Jane (new) - rated it 1 star

Jane What the heck--"Janene?" u suk!!!

message 8: by Janene (last edited Jul 08, 2009 06:31PM) (new)

Janene Apparently, actually discussing a book isn't within your scope of abilities, Jane??

I commented wanting to know what exactly sucked about it.

Carry on.

(And grow up.)

Karen What the heck?! That book was amazing! you guys must really have low attention spans...
this book might of had a bit of a dull beginning, but it was interesting, if not holing tons of action, and had some romance. i guess it's not the most exciting book, it had the romance that you wanted, like all the cousins marrying the people that the reader knows is best for them, and still has conflict

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Janene wrote: "Can we expand on this? lol"

Yeah, I agree.

Morgan F I also agree with Janene.

Josie This is the best book i ever read.

message 13: by Kelley (new)

Kelley I'm with Janene too!

Elettra Pond I am also with

Rebekah well what made it terible?

message 16: by Laila (new)

Laila AMEN

Rachel Slawson Care to tell us why?

message 18: by Glo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Glo Jacobsen I guess they dont

message 19: by Janene (new)

Janene Probably didn't even read it.

Malissa Bishop I love this book, it's one of my many favorites. Could anyone tell me why they wouldn't like it?

monkey  girl hated it so much so boring

Jenna Jakubowski This book is amazing! How can you guys say it's terrible!!!!!!

message 23: by Diana (new) - rated it 1 star

Diana I completely agree, and I see why you're not elaborating on this. This comment even seems like it's wasting my life, talking about a terrible book. I'm so baffled so many people like it.
The characters were all boring and predictable, the writing was appalling. The story mind numbing.
I was expecting something much much better with the amount of good reviews here. So disappointed. If it wasn't such a short book I would have given up on it

message 24: by Chantal (new)

Chantal I really like this book! Did you read the whole thing????

____________________________________________ I loved this book! What is your evidence that this book is bad? Name one quote because I definitely can not think of one. I dislike this review a lot. One you do not elaborate on your opinion. Two you say it in such a harsh disrespectful way. If you have a certain opinion about any book you should respectfuly say it as feedback for the author if it is good or bad.

____________________________________________ Also Ella I understand everybodys opinion but your comments can definitely be stated in a more positive way. I dislike your rude comments and think you should elaborate on them.