Lydia's Reviews > Republic, Lost: How Money Corrupts Congress--and a Plan to Stop It

Republic, Lost by Lawrence Lessig

Aug 11, 2012

The best policy book I’ve read - hands down. Lessig is an incredible author who builds his arguments carefully. In Republic Lost, he does not simplify a complex topic; rather, through examples and antidotes, Lessig gradually develops a framework to explain the difficult topic of a government corruption that isn’t actually illegal. This framework ensures his audience can understand the problem, its wide-reaching effects, and his proposed solutions.

Outside of Lessig’s writing style, the book is an important look at the way government is run and how a radical solution is needed to get the United States back on track to being a republic rather than a plutocracy. This is not a good book for Democrats or Republics – it's a great book for anyone concerned about the state of our Union.

* I “read” Republic Lost as an audiobook, and I would also recommend Lessig as a narrator. I thought his reading was polished and easy to listen to. His passion for the subject matter also came through, which may have made the book even more interesting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Republic, Lost.