Victor Gentile's Reviews > Mindful of Him

Mindful of Him by Hollis Hughes

Aug 11, 2012

Read in August, 2012

Hollis Hughes in his new book “Mindful of Him” published by WinePress Publishing takes us into the life of Rob McLain.

From the back cover: Mindful of Him is a tale of heartbreak and triumph set in the 1950s. Separated from his young wife, and with both of his parents recently deceased, Rob McLain sets off on an adventure for which he has longed since childhood.
Travel with Rob as his journey not only takes him to beautiful places, but also crosses his path with influential men who help him through his loneliness. Five months into the trip, Rob has a moonlight encounter that changes his life forever and overwhelmingly convinces this young skeptic that God is indeed mindful of him!
Through it all, he receives answers to life’s deepest questions. What does he learn? What happens to his wife? Do they get back together? Does he make it back safely?
Find the answers to these questions and others dealing with faith, creation, nature, and more in Mindful of Him, which will keep you reading long after you had planned to turn out the lights.

Rob McLain has had a series of emotional trials and traumas and he really doesn’t know how to deal with it so he decides to give up school and his job and go on a six month canoe trip up the Canoba River. When I want to get alone with God and just have some Him and me time I go for a walk along the wooded paths by my house. This is not really Rob’s intention as he sets off on his canoe journey but this is what it becomes. Along his journey Rob meets a few men who present different ideas to him that cause him to reflect more and more on God. As Rob’s mind is more aware of God he becomes aware that God is always mindful of him. ”Mindful of Him” is about faith, healing, hope and restoration. I liked it a lot.

If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours non-stop, commercial free Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mindful of Him.