preppea's Reviews > Insatiable

Insatiable by Meg Cabot

Aug 10, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: chick-lit, paranormal, zz-reviewed

I enjoy Meg Cabot and I've read a lot of her work - so I wasn't expecting some deep, brooding vampire love story when I picked this up. But for me, this went too far in the realm of unbelievable and annoying characters - to the point that it lost the humor it was attempting and went into the realm of irritating. I think the arc of this book was more of an irritation scale then a plot climax - with the all-time worst scene involving Meena when she first meets Alaric and is trapped in her apartment with him and her brother, John. I don't think on any planet a brother would watch his sister get pushed around by a random stranger because the stranger claimed her boyfriend was a vampire and the brother's response would be to help the stranger keep her from using a telephone to call for help. No, just no. From there it was all down-hill for me. I think I kept reading it because every so often I'd see a glimpse of the love story it could have gone with - but instead it just wound down a long and weird path that ended up irritating me that I'd wasted my time finishing it at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insatiable.