Michelle (Undeniably Book Nerdy)'s Reviews > Things I Can't Forget

Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally

Aug 10, 2012

bookshelves: z2013-e-galley-review
Read from February 14 to 17, 2013

In TICF, we have another got-to-keep-turning-the-pages like Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker.

Out of all of Miranda Kenneally's girls (Jordan, Parker, Kate) Kate was the hardest to like for me--her character was judgmental, very black-and-white sort of view of the world and like some people called her, a "Jesus Freak." But it doesn't make her any less real and having grown up attending Bible studies and going to church like Kate, I did understand where she was coming from and I know people like her in real life.

I enjoyed reading about her summer in which her faith was tested and temptations abound, friendships were made and Kate's tunnel vision view of the world expanded, but she stayed, at her core, herself and was able to hold on to her beliefs and opinions.

As for the love interest, Matt, Kenneally created another swoon-worthy guy, although I don't know about the whole bare feet thing (I kept waiting for him to step on a thorn or a sharp twig or something while they were at the summer camp). Kate and Matt did get pretty hot and heavy in a few scenes and because of that I wouldn't recommend this novel to younger teens but there's nothing in this book that readers in high school and older will not be able to handle.

My favorite part of the novel was the friendship that formed between Kate and Parker (for those who loved Stealing Parker like myself, I'm happy to report that Parker and Will played large roles in this book and we get to see an update about them and where they may be heading in the future).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things I Can't Forget.