shuya's Reviews > Luck in the Shadows

Luck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling

Aug 10, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: m-m

I thought the book was a bit boring, merely entertaining. I wasn't really into it before the last 100 pages when some sort of suspens appears. The writting is too simple, too childish. Everything's too easy for the two heroes. Alec doesn't question anything, Seregil knows everything, there's no challenges. Their personnality is plain. I can't relate to any of the characters, I have no opinion on them. To be honest, the only thing that made me keep on reading was to know if the two main characters would end up sleeping together or not... ! The descriptions, the whole universe the story takes place in has a strong air of deja-vu, even for me who isn't a big fantasy reader.
But near the end, the story became a little more interseting, in the way that there's more action. I must keep in mind that it's the first book out of 7, and so maybe the scenario will be deeper in the next one. Until then, my opinion is on hold, this is a temporary review !

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luck in the Shadows.

August 10, 2012 – Started Reading
August 10, 2012 – Shelved
August 10, 2012 –
page 135
August 12, 2012 –
page 167
34.86% "still trying to figure out if the book's good or plain."
August 14, 2012 –
page 290
August 15, 2012 –
page 311
August 17, 2012 –
page 459
95.82% "at last some kind of suspens...?"
August 17, 2012 – Finished Reading