megs_bookrack's Reviews > Namesake

Namesake by Adrienne Young

bookshelves: arcs-read

Namesake is the concluding book to Adrienne Young's, Fable duology; a Seafaring Fantasy story with action, adventure and heart.

After the cliffhanger ending of Fable, our protagonist finds herself once again, separated from the ones she loves. Additionally, she is being used as a pawn in a rival trader's scheme for power.

Just as Fable was beginning to find the place she felt she belonged, more challenges are thrown in her face.

On the rival trader's ship, she runs into an old acquaintance, Clove. A close friend of her parents, who she thought was lost forever.

In her struggle to return to the Marigold, and the handsome Captain she left behind, Fable ends up learning a lot more about her Mother, particularly her earlier life; some of it surprising, to say the least.

This story takes the plotting and scheming to a whole new level, as the different trading organizations in this world vie for power and position.

I really enjoyed watching Fable's evolution as a character over the course of these two books. Although she was always a fighter, she was fairly helpless in the beginning in a lot of ways.

She was used so often as a pawn in other people's games, but as she grew and discovered her own power, she became a force to be reckoned with. She became like the center of a whirlpool, sucking everyone in around her.

Overall, I am so satisfied with how this turned out. It was really a lot of fun. I enjoyed the complexity that Young brought to this one, which I felt was lacking a bit in the first novel.

In my opinion, Fable deserves the world! She discovered so much about herself, that she didn't understand before. I feel like with that understanding, she was able to become who she was truly meant to be. My baby bird has left the nest.

Thank you so much to the publisher, Wednesday Books, for providing me with a copy of this to read and review.

I really enjoyed it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Namesake.

March 11, 2021 – Shelved
March 11, 2021 – Shelved as: to-read
March 12, 2021 – Started Reading
March 14, 2021 –
March 16, 2021 –
March 20, 2021 –
March 22, 2021 –
March 22, 2021 –
67.0% "Fable somehow went from being the pawn in everyone else's game to being the center of a whirlpool. She is just sucking everyone in around her!

"
March 23, 2021 –
89.0% "It's so fun to figure out the connection to the titles..."
March 23, 2021 – Shelved as: arcs-read
March 23, 2021 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Hope (new) - added it

Hope Lucky you! Enjoy 💖

megs_bookrack Hope wrote: "Lucky you! Enjoy 💖" Thank you so much, Hope! I started Fable this morning and am really enjoying it so far!!

message 3: by Andrëll (new) - added it

Andrëll Von Leichtenstien Omg so jealous can't wait to read this. Waiting for your review!!

megs_bookrack Andrëll wrote: "Omg so jealous can't wait to read this. Waiting for your review!!" Thank you so much, Andrell! xx

message 5: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla I cannot wait!! I looooved Fable.

megs_bookrack Kayla wrote: "I cannot wait!! I looooved Fable." Under a week to go! I am reading Fable now and really enjoying it!

¸.•´ (¸.•` Laura I'm intrigued by these books, simply because the cover art is absolutely beautiful

megs_bookrack ¸.•´ (¸.•` Laura wrote: "I'm intrigued by these books, simply because the cover art is absolutely beautiful"
They really are! I love the covers as well. I haven't picked up a hard copy of the second book, but definitely will be. I hope you enjoy them when you get to them, Laura! xx

message 9: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle There’s going to be a companion book set in this world and I can’t wait

megs_bookrack Danielle wrote: "There’s going to be a companion book set in this world and I can’t wait" What!? Really!? I had no idea! Yessss, that is super exciting 😀 🙌

message 11: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle megs_bookrack wrote: "Danielle wrote: "There’s going to be a companion book set in this world and I can’t wait" What!? Really!? I had no idea! Yessss, that is super exciting 😀 🙌"

Yes, It's called The Last Legacy and it comes out September this year, I love her publishing schedule

megs_bookrack Danielle wrote: "megs_bookrack wrote: "Danielle wrote: "There’s going to be a companion book set in this world and I can’t wait" What!? Really!? I had no idea! Yessss, that is super exciting 😀 🙌"

Yes, It's called ..."
Oh wow! That's so exciting. Thank you, Danielle 💙

Alisha  Lopez Yes i enjoyed this one and the ending brought me to tears because it made me miss my own father. I really loved fable but Namesake just missed the five star for me.

megs_bookrack Alisha wrote: "Yes i enjoyed this one and the ending brought me to tears because it made me miss my own father. I really loved fable but Namesake just missed the five star for me." Ohhhh, Alisha. I'm sorry to hear you were missing your Father reading this one. I can definitely see how, with the evolution of Fable and Saint's relationship in this one. xx