Alaine's Reviews > Sword of Darkness

Sword of Darkness by Kinley MacGregor

Nov 27, 2008

bookshelves: romance-historical
Recommended to Alaine by: Annie

Words that come to mind are; luscious, yummy, delicious, well you get the idea. This book is unlike anything I've read before and that was certainly part of it's appeal. Apart, from the one of the best hero's I've read about in quite some time.

The story is set in mythological Camelot and the King is Karrigan who is a very tortured soul, he lives a miserable existence alone in his hell. Along comes Serena an innocent girl who slowly breaks down the ice that surrounds him. It is an interesting story and I enjoyed the paranormal aspect of the book. When you read a romance novel there isn't the same amount of depth that you find in other genres i.e. fantasy. The reader is expected to accept the information without deep explanations as to why things are the way they are, as is the case with this book. Kinley MacGregor created an unusual hero and a strong and endearing heroine who were both believable. For me my favourite part of all romance novels is the 'ahh' factor at the end and this book certainly had that. This is the first book I've read from this author and I will definitely read more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sword of Darkness.

November 27, 2008 – Shelved
November 28, 2008 –
page 17
November 28, 2008 –
page 133
37.15% "I am loving this book!!!"
November 28, 2008 – Shelved as: romance-historical