Jack Kirby and the X-man's Reviews > The Tale of Peter Rabbit

The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter

U 50x66
A true classic.

I don't recall reading Beatrix Potter as a child - but of course you seem to absorb the stories seemingly through societial osmosis.

I certainly look forward to reading the rest of the Peter Rabbit books. I note with interest in the inside cover that this book has been translated into Latin, which I suppose would be useful if we had a time machine!

Leaving behind the book itself you have to tip your cap at whoever does Beatrix Potter's tie-ins. Without even realising it I was reading "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" to X-man while he was wearing a Peter Rabbit T-shirt (really the only thing that relates the T-shirt to the books is a discrete logo on the sleve). We were being overlooked throughout the reading by a "Mrs Rabbit" photo frame.

I was about to get on my high-horse about feeding X-man with a Bunnykins bowl and spoon too - but a quick bit of research reveils that Bunnykins was actually created independently by Sister Mary Barbara Bailey - so that put me in my place! (although you have to admit they both feature rabbits - both "naked" and clothed to entertain children, so you can understand the confusion).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tale of Peter Rabbit.