Adam Graham's Reviews > Justice League of America's Vibe, Vol. 1: Breach

Justice League of America's Vibe, Vol. 1 by Geoff Johns

I got this Volume because of my interest in the Flash TV series as it features Cisco Ramon as Vibe. This book collects the ten issue series as it follows young Cisco as he acquired latent powers in his incident that apparently killed his brother. After a few years, he's recruited for ARGUS for Amanda Waller's new Justice League of America and to keep the world safe from interdimensional beings which Cisco can detect.

This is a pretty decent story. It follows the standard superhero formula of characters like Jaime Reyes and Anya Corozon, decent teenagers who find themselves suddenly with amazing powers and having to cope as best they can to do the right thing while having a great sense of fun. I think there's also some intracicies to the plot and some things we don't typically see in these books.

This isn't to say the book was perfect. I particularly didn't like that the last issue was told through a flashback after an opening scene when it wasn't really necessary and would have been better told straightforward.Still, it's a fun teen hero book and I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Justice League of America's Vibe, Vol. 1.

March 6, 2021 – Started Reading