Peggy's Reviews > In the Dark of the Night

In the Dark of the Night by John Saul

F 50x66
Nov 27, 2008

it was ok

I thought this book was going to be really great.. the summer in the old house by the lake -- and I read til the end thinking the author would have a great twist at the end... but he didn't and it was a total waste of time when I have so many great books just sitting on my shelf waiting to be read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Dark of the Night.

message 1: by Cheryl S. (new)

Cheryl S. Doesn't it just kill you when that happens? I've been on a good run recently and have read 4 or 5 books in a row that I really liked--so now I'm bracing myself for the next stinker.

Peggy Cheryl S. wrote: "Doesn't it just kill you when that happens? I've been on a good run recently and have read 4 or 5 books in a row that I really liked--so now I'm bracing myself for the next stinker."

Thanks for the compassion! Next I read Plum Island by Nelson Demille. I thought he was supposed to be such a great suspense writer.... NOT!!! Got to within 50 pages of the end and gave up.

Now I am trying The Water is Wide by Pat Conroy. I think this one's going to be a winner.

message 3: by Cheryl S. (new)

Cheryl S. Ah, you said the magic words. I love Pat Conroy. In my opinion his books have gotten better and better over the years. He writes from his life more than any other author I'm familiar with. I think The Water is Wide is his first book.

I'm still on an excellent run. Just finished Last Days of Summer by Steve Kluger and it's a definate read again for me. The character development was terrific and the story broke my heart. What more could I ask?