Wei Ling's Reviews > Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult

Aug 09, 2012

it was ok

I have always love books by Jodi Picoult and therefore was really looking forward to reading this new addition to her long list of books.

I was really intrigued by the information and research done on wolves and how Luke Warren, the main character in the book was so dedicated and drawn to them that he was willing to put his life on hold just to experience life with a wild pack. And I thought that was the main reason why his life with his family fell apart, seeing that he totally lost touch with the human world and when he first came back, his inability to fit in and interact with humans was understood as a reason to why his relationship with his wife fell apart. What I didn't understand was why he had an affair with the intern he hired if he couldn't maintained the relationship with his wife. It was quite a turn off when I found out about that in the later part of the book. As he was in my point of view, a man that is so passionate about his dreams and ideals that he was willing to put aside everything else for it and that lead to the breakdown of his family. I didn't expect it to be something unrelated to his passion and dreams

Also, throughout the book, Picoult led me to think that Cara was withholding some important information regarding the accident and why it happened. I was expecting a little more and was nonetheless disappointed when I read on and discovered that it was truly just an accident and Cara was unable to let go because she thought it was her fault.

All in all, I loved the part about wolves and it fascinated me about how wolves function as a pack and all and whilst the plot was strong and interesting, I felt that Lone Wolf falls short of Picoult's previous books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lone Wolf.