Suzanne 's Reviews > No Mercy

No Mercy by Shannon Dermott

Aug 08, 2012

bookshelves: favourites-2012
Recommended for: Everyone

I'm not usually a big fan of novellas and rarely give them more than three stars, but when it has POV's from two of my favourite male characters from the Cambion series, Luke and Flynn, what's not to love.

No mercy is set back before either of the guys have ever spoken to Mercy, but they both admire her from afar. Flynn is afraid to make a move because she's one of the only girls who doesn't fall all over him, he is an incubus after all, and never short of female attention. And Luke, not sure exactly how Flynn really feels about her, and if it would upset him, won't make a move because, total guy thing, Flynn seen her first. He is kind of waiting for Flynn's permission.

The majority of this book is set at Flynn's family lakehouse where he's arranged to meet up with a girl, out from under the eye of his current girlfriend, Amanda. And Luke, being the great best friend that he is, is playing wingman, and keeping the girl's sister occupied. We get an inside look into how Flynn actually feels about his womanising, even though it's something he needs to do to. We also get a greater insight into the powers that Luke and Flynn possess and how they use them.

I really enjoyed this and it has left me longing for even more. I can't wait for the third book in this series and I just want to read the first two over again right now. When I finished this book I was thinking that the only thing that would have made it better would have been if it continued up to the spin the bottle game that starts off the series in Beg for Mercy. And lo and behold, the next morning I go to my inbox and find an email from Shannon's newsletter basically giving me just that, the spin the bottle game from the boys POV. In the book we just get Mercy's. And it was just as awesome as I thought it would be.

This is one of my all time favourite series and if you haven't read it yet, then why not? If you don't enjoy it, I'll eat my hat.

Beg for Mercy is just 99c on Amazon, snap it up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Mercy.

August 8, 2012 – Shelved
August 26, 2012 – Started Reading
August 26, 2012 –
26.0% "I absolutely love this series..."
August 27, 2012 – Finished Reading