Austin Jones's Reviews > Rivals and Retribution

Rivals and Retribution by Shannon Delany

Aug 08, 2012

it was ok

*warning spoilers*
I was not impressed with this book, though I did enjoyed the first three books, this one was just a displeasing finale.
After all the time I invested into this series, the payoff was just not what I wanted. AT ALL. I felt as if the author gave up on the story and rushed the book to the end. And a sense of time, which is a key component in Pietr's DNA, was lost. I had no sense of time. One minute they're building holding cells for Marlaena and Pietr because they're going insane and the next Alexi found the cure.
While I did get my "happy ending" story. I despised the final chapter. Don't try and trick me into thinking Pietr and the Rusakova's weren't real and it was all a figment of Jessica's wild imagination. Horrible, horrible final chapter.
I wanted so dearly to care about Pietr and Jessica's relationship, but I found Jessica becoming increasingly more needy/cling/annoying. The passion between them was lost in the whole "get Pietr's personality back."
Though, I will credit the author for writing a unique werewolf story. One I hadn't seen before.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rivals and Retribution.

Bayli I agree so completely with you! First 3 were awesome. Last two just, honestly, sucked. :(