xfarahx's Reviews > The Academy

Aug 07, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012, young-adult, romance
Read in August, 2012

To start, the author has decided to set the story in the future and in space. a bizarre choice to say the least. I actually thought it was really unnecessary, I mean she had a lot going with the idea of a girl going into an all boys school...oh well.
The other thing that you may notice is that there are many elements from Japanese anime and manga. The story itself is like (Hana kimi)in which a girl also moves into an all boys school. A lot of the insults are known ones from anime. The surprises, events and especially the setting of the story are what you call staples in manga storytelling.
While it did take me a while to get used to the writing style and all the obvious anime influence. I did actually enjoy the story. The main character was somehow both the top other class and the most gullible creature you could ever face, but I guess that's just another thing you have to take as it is.
I almost gave this book 2.5 stars maybe even 3 because it was fun. Unfortunately, the conclusion of the book and the last line specifically just ruined everything.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Academy.