Amy R's Reviews > Fever

Fever by Joan  Swan

bookshelves: 2012, romantic-suspense

Wow. This book had me on edge from beginning to end. It was fast paced, action packed, full of suspense and love.

When I finally did decide to buy this book and read it, I was surprised. This is the second book I have read of Joan Swan’s and think she does an amazing job. Her writing is so easy to read and the plot flows so well it is very hard to put down. Joan balanced the romance and the suspense nicely in this book. There was a ton of suspense filled moments and the romance was sprinkled throughout the book. I was very pleased with the couple of intimate scenes in this story, as they were passionate, respectful, appropriate for the story and not overly detailed.

I really, really liked Teague and Alyssa. Teague was such a broken character that showed many facets of his personality. I absolutely loved that you got to see so many sides of him, even when he shed tears. You couldn't help but want to cry with him. Alyssa was the perfect match for him. It was amazing to watch their very unlikely relationship (kidnapper/kidnapped) from the beginning of the story to the end. So many twists and turns. Alyssa showed such strength for Teague when he was in his weakest moments. She was the one that pushed him to keep fighting for what was right and believed in him when no one else did. It was those moments that got him through I think. It was so awesome to watch the driving force of Teague’s motives – his daughter, Kat. There is just something about a Dad and his little girl.

My other favorite characters in the story were Mitch and Luke. I wasn't sure about Luke at the beginning but my mind changed at the end. I sure hope we see more of those two men in future stories. If you are looking for a fast paced, action filled, romantic suspense story I highly recommend Fever by Joan Swan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fever.

August 7, 2012 – Shelved