Tari's Reviews > Beyond a Reasonable Donut

Beyond a Reasonable Donut by Ginger Bolton

bookshelves: netgalley

Just as I was craving a good donut mystery from Deputy Donut (and reading about their yummy food), this book was about to make its debut (actually tomorrow). Wow what a lot of little things that added up to be part of the murder. When Emily's assistant Nina was arrested for murder, Emily never once thought she could kill someone, but when some things came to light in the case, Emily wondered how much she really knew about her friend and employee. As a side story, Samantha and Hooligan's wedding was coming up, and everyone was just holding their breath as to whether the world would finally get to know Hooligan's real name. It was a lot of fun having that as a little comic relief.

And who knew a bachelorette dinner would ultimately turn into a showdown with the killer? I'd sort of suspected this person of something when they first came on the scene, but I wasn't sure what. I just knew I didn't trust them. I didn't really trust anyone except the key players. After the murder was solved, everyone got to attend their friends' wedding. But I promised Samantha and Hooligan I wouldn't spill another word about it. ;)

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond a Reasonable Donut.

February 26, 2021 – Shelved