RE Reader's Reviews > Absolution

Absolution by Sloane Kennedy

liked it

Here we go:

Plot: 3.5 stars -- the premise was solid, and I thought the pacing was good initially, but then (view spoiler)

Main characters: 4 stars -- I liked all three of them, and I enjoyed each of their narratives. However, with three of them to get to know, I thought it could have been longer even.

Smut level: too high -- it was fine for the first half, but the balance between sex and plot got much weaker in the last third. Plus, the length of the scenes was too long for my taste.

Romance: 3.5 stars -- I definitely felt the chemistry between all three of them, but although the start was solid, it got weaker as we went through (perhaps because the whole book felt rushed in the last third?).

World/setting: 2 stars -- I didn't great a strong feel for the world, and it was a little darker and grittier than I personally enjoy.

Overall: 3 stars

(Note: I *love* Kennedy's Pelican Bay series, but I'm not sure I'll keep going with this one. It's missing that hopeful element and the depth of characterization that I so enjoyed in the other series.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Absolution.

February 22, 2021 – Started Reading