Allie's Reviews > Web of Angels

Web of Angels by Lilian Nattel

F 50x66

bookshelves: week-to-read

I picked this book up on a whim, I thought the book was about loss & death and was intrigued. Well, after buying it and reading some reviews, I discovered that it was about a woman with Dissociative Identity Disorder, "DID" - a subject that I only know about from a high school psychology course & watching "The United States of Tara" (which is not exactly a lot of education on the subject). This book took a little while to get into, you do have to pay attention to it and I wasn't instantly "hooked" into reading it.

I really enjoyed reading this; this book was well developed and was told in such an incredibly realistic story that I could easily believe this happening in any small suburb. As the book continued, more was revealed about each character, and I feel like the DID was well explained and it was understand the main character and her stories.

I feel like this book is the definition of a "mature" book, although it obviously has an interesting story, it truly is about adults and this particular situation, which was partly why it was so realistic.

What Type of Read Was It (One Word)? Realistic

Who would Enjoy this book? If you're curious on the subject of DID, I would absolutely recommend this book.

Will I read it again? Maybe.

Overall Review: 5 out of 5.

Questions:
Have you read Web of Angels? What about did you like/ didn't like?
Which do you prefer, a realistic book or a book that's a bit outlandish?

Http://weektoread.blogspot.ca
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Web of Angels.

August 6, 2012 – Started Reading