Katy's Reviews > Teacher's Pest

bookshelves: upcoming-pub, vine-book
Recommended to Katy by: Amazon Vine
Recommended for: fans of MG adventure fantasy, Lovecraft, the series

Book Info: Genre: MG Fantasy
Reading Level: Middle Grade (12 and up)
Recommended for: Fans of Middle Grade fantasy, Lovecraftian fiction, the series
Book Available: May 7, 2013 in hardcover or Kindle format
Trigger Warnings: Insects. Lots and lots of insects.

My Thoughts: I really like this series; it's just so much fun! Karina, Glenn and Robert never know what will go wrong next or who will be lost next to the sinister forces of Crawford Tillinghast.

These books are fast and fun reads for the adult reader (it took me just a bit over an hour to read my copy), but are entertaining, and I think readers young and old will enjoy these stories. I'm definitely keeping my eyes open for the next, scheduled for release this fall!

Series Information: Teacher's Pest is the third book in the Tales from Lovecraft Middle School series of fantasies.
Book 1: Professor Gargoyle , reviewed October, 2012, linked here where formatting allowed
Book 2: The Slither Sisters , reviewed January, 2013, linked here where formatting allowed
Book 4: Substitute Creature, scheduled for release in September, 2013.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the Amazon Vine program in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: DON'T BE FOOLED by his friendly smile, his perfect manners, or his shiny red apple. Student council president Howard Mergler is actually a sinister bug-monster in disguise—and he's summoning swarms of roaches, wasps, fleas, and head lice into the corridors of Lovecraft Middle School!  Twelve-year-old Robert Arthur is the only student who can stop him—but he'll need help from his best friends: the school bully, the school ghost, and an extremely courageous two-headed rat.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teacher's Pest.

August 6, 2012 – Shelved
March 21, 2013 – Shelved as: vine-book
March 21, 2013 – Shelved as: upcoming-pub
March 30, 2013 – Started Reading
March 30, 2013 – Finished Reading

Michelle Elizabeth I want to read this series SO bad! :)

Katy Michelle Elizabeth wrote: "I want to read this series SO bad! :)"

They are so fun! I bought the 2nd for myself... 5 days before I could have picked up a copy free from Amazon Vine *facepalm* But they were late putting it in the newsletter, so I figured they wouldn't offer it. Anyway, the next one isn't until SEPTEMBER!! How am I supposed to wait that long!! I definitely recommend putting out the extra money for the hardcovers just to have those cool lenticular covers.

Michelle Elizabeth I've seen those covers. They're cool :)