Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > The Serial Killer’s Wife

The Serial Killer’s Wife by Alice  Hunter

liked it
bookshelves: 2021, arc, domestic-thriller, dark, debut, netgalley, publisher, serial-killer

Beth Hardcastle's life is upended when the police come knocking on her door.

Her husband, Tom, a wonderful father, and loving husband, is taken for questioning over the death of his ex-girlfriend Katie, who disappeared eight years ago.

Beth is shocked. Is her husband guilty?

Beth can only think that her wonderful life is imploding. She has to protect her daughter, Poppy, the best way she can while keeping her store open too. Living in a small town, she knows people can turn on them in the blink of an eye.

Thankfully, there is Adam. He has gone through something awful too and he seems to understand her and wants to help them.

But is Beth hiding something? Does she know more than she should?

~~

As soon as I saw this novel on NetGalley, I knew I wanted to read it. From the cover to its name, it called to me.

For the most part, I will say that I enjoyed it despite seeing the twist a mile away. I found myself still reading along.

Good debut novel.

Cliffhanger: No

3/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Avon Books UK via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Serial Killer’s Wife.

February 22, 2021 – Shelved as: to-read
March 30, 2021 – Shelved as: debut
March 30, 2021 – Shelved as: netgalley
March 30, 2021 – Shelved as: publisher
March 30, 2021 – Shelved as: serial-killer

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

Jayme A bit disappointing! Great review!

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina A nice review Sheyla! Sounds just ok.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael David Great review, Sheyla! I'm going to pass.

Sheyla ✎ Jayme wrote: "A bit disappointing! Great review!"

I agree but I thought it was ok for a debut novel.

Sheyla ✎ Tina wrote: "A nice review Sheyla! Sounds just ok."

Thank you, Tina. IT was.

Sheyla ✎ Michael wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! I'm going to pass."

Thank you, Michael.

message 7: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Great review, Sheyla. The title is intriguing but I think I’m going to let you be my guide and skip this one.

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat The title would've grabbed me as well. I'm glad you mostly liked it! Nice review, Sheyla :)

Sheyla ✎ Laurie wrote: "Great review, Sheyla. The title is intriguing but I think I’m going to let you be my guide and skip this one."

Thank you, Laurie.

Sheyla ✎ Kat (is moving ... I'll be back soon!) wrote: "The title would've grabbed me as well. I'm glad you mostly liked it! Nice review, Sheyla :)"

Thank you, Kat.

Dorie  - Cats&Books :) Oops, sounds like a mediocre read, great review Sheyla :)

Sheyla ✎ Dorie - Cats&Books :) wrote: "Oops, sounds like a mediocre read, great review Sheyla :)"

Thank you, Dorie.

message 13: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Glad it was a good debut Sheyla, Great review!!

Sheyla ✎ Holly wrote: "Glad it was a good debut Sheyla, Great review!!"

Thank you, Holly.

message 15: by Christina (new)

Christina Great review, Sheyla 💕

preoccupiedbybooks Ach I'm starting this today...

Sheyla ✎ Christina wrote: "Great review, Sheyla 💕"

Thank you, Christina.

Sheyla ✎ preoccupiedbybooks wrote: "Ach I'm starting this today..."

Let's see what you think about it.

message 19: by Regina (new)

Regina Seems like a pretty fair and generous review given the others I've seen for this book. Glad you mostly enjoyed it, Sheyla!