CJ - It's only a Paper Moon's Reviews > To the Nines

To the Nines by Janet Evanovich

liked it
bookshelves: a-sort-of-cozy-mystery, beach-read, funny, mystery, women-detectives
Recommended for: Plum Fans, Lutz fans

I liked this book because I'm a Stephanie Plum fan but the only thing stopping me from giving my customary 4 stars is that this book seemed to be a little thin on plot. It had a good premise but to me it sort of petered out. This one of the books where I knew who dunnit before Steph did.

I also was caught between liking and getting really bored of the whole Ranger/Morelli think. I don't think she should have her cake and eat it too and I think the character is built to believe that too but it's also obvious that she's still emotionally screwed from her past marriage to Dickie. So, I get it and like I said - there are times where I completely dig the whole tension between Ranger and Steph and Steph and Morelli and Ranger and Morelli. Steph said it best when she compared Morelli's relationship with Terry Gilman to her relationship to Ranger.

I just hope Morelli hasn't (at least recently because we know his past)gotten as close to Terry as Stephanie has gotten to Ranger. Although that may shake Steph up.

Anyway, I liked the idea of the webmaster/killing game and I like how Stephanie handled herself in this book professionally. She's getting a bit better at her job. I thought that as soon as she said she felt naked without her hardware. I don't expect her to love guns but I would expect her to tolerate them enough to use them every once in awhile.

I love Grandma Bella now. She's a friggin' nutcase. Valerie is also another nutter-butter...I particularly enjoyed the scene where her water broke :P

I love Joe and Steph together but I wish that he would grow up a bit too. I understand his ire with Ranger's closeness and I thought Steph's jealousy was equally hilarious but I also think that I can't wait until matters are settled once and for all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To the Nines.

Quotes CJ - It's only a Paper Moon Liked

Janet Evanovich
“Excuse me?" I said, palms down on the Formica tabletop. "Coffee? I thought we came here for pie." "I don't eat the kind of pie they serve here." I felt a flash of heat go through my stomach. I knew firsthand the kind of pie Ranger liked.”
Janet Evanovich, To the Nines