NicoleHasRead's Reviews > The Lost Prince

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

bookshelves: fantasy, children-young-adult

This will contain spoilers for The Iron Fey series up until this point, be warned.

Ethan Chase is all grown up. He is carrying around a boat load of resentment that his sister, Meghan, went off to be a faery queen and left him and his family. He has spent his whole life trying to get away from the fey who, aware that he has the Sight, follow, trick and torment him and those around him. He has isolated himself so as not to endanger anybody else, making himself look as mean and unapproachable as possible. So on his first day in a new school, he's surprised when the popular and beautiful Kenzie approaches him and refuses to take the hint that he'd rather be alone.

Hard as he tries to ignore it, Ethan is dragged into the world of the fey when strange things start happening. Exiles and halfbreeds are disappearing and Ethan is the only one who can find out what's happening. He refuses to go to his sister, Meghan, for help, but when Kenzie is put in danger, will he have a choice?

I love everything Julie Kagawa has written. She is a master at world building and creates a cast of complicated characters whose adventures will have you on the edge of your seat.

Some old friends make a welcome reappearance (what would the Nevernever be without Grimalkin?) and I think both Team Puck and Team Ash will be happy with this and the coming books.

As for faults, I saw the big reveal coming from a long way off, but then I have about 20 years more experience than the target audience of the book (that's a nice way of saying I'm old), so it might have more impact on a younger reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Prince.

August 6, 2012 – Started Reading
August 6, 2012 – Shelved
August 6, 2012 –
91.0% "Love, love, love. Don't wat to finish it as I'll have to wait so long to see what happens next."
August 6, 2012 – Shelved as: children-young-adult
August 6, 2012 – Shelved as: fantasy
August 6, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen I can finally read this now!!

NicoleHasRead The blog version is a little more detailed!

NicoleHasRead Natalie wrote: "Is this the first book in the series?"

Hi Natalie, this is the first book in the Call of the Forgotten series, but it occurs after another series, The Iron Fey. It would be a good idea to read The Iron Fey series first, as we meet Ethan and his family when he's a little boy. Also, it's a great series and worth reading anyway.

There's also a short story, Iron's Prophecy, which links the two series.