Janelle Dazzlepants's Reviews > Lover Enshrined

Lover Enshrined by J.R. Ward

Nov 24, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: vampires, urban-fantasy

** spoiler alert ** I loved the storylines involving Blaylock, Qhuinn, John, and Lash being the Omega's son, but for the most part Phury and Cormia made me want to punch myself in the face. And if I'd been reading an actual book and not a computer file, I'd have thrown it across the room.

The fact that Phury had a British wizard in his brain, paying him out was hilarious, but his self-pity got old after the first few pages. I seriously just wanted to punch the guy and tell him to man up. And do the same to Cormia, only make her tell Phury how she felt. The both of them were just annoying sadsacks that wanted everybody to throw them a pity party.

I'm so excited about this plotarc with Lash being the Omega's son, although I'm worried about it because I don't want any of the brothers to be killed off. It's fine if any of the shellans do (minus Bella), because frankly theyre either boring, not even mentioned, or they flat out annoy me. But ugh, there's so much potential for the plot and for several more books :D

I love the introduction of other supernatural creatures such as the Moors, full blooded Symphaths, and the fallen angel Lassiter. I think Lassiter's pretty lulzy, and I hope he's afforded a decent storyline in the next few books. It always bothers me though when paranormal books leave the possibilities open like that

For example, I love the Merry Gentry series because of its mythology, and it's established right from the get-go, and the author doesn't just introduce random supernatural creatures here and there to help explain things or magically tie up storylines. As much as I like wondering about the capabilities of symphaths and Moors, it annoys me that they're so marginalised.

There's a possibility that I might never find these things out D: But at least we should get more info on the symphaths in Lover Avenged :D Ahhh i can't wait.

Sidenote: Qhuinn and Blaylock should have got it on. But oh well, close enough.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Enshrined.

November 24, 2008 – Shelved
April 4, 2009 –
page 351
April 5, 2009 –
page 474
88.76% "Phury and Cormia are annoying the shit outta me D:"
April 5, 2009 –
page 534
100.0% "Finally!"
April 5, 2009 – Shelved as: vampires
Started Reading
April 6, 2009 – Finished Reading
December 30, 2009 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy

Chechoui I agreed about Quinn and Blay!