Cadiva's Reviews > The Night Of

The Night Of by Tal Bauer

bookshelves: favorites

OMG!

Repeat about a million times, throw in a half dozen WTF moments and then mix up with a sprinkle of "I don't believe it" and you come vaguely close to trying to describe the complete headrush of The Night Of.

I can't actually write a review about the book itself because - like all of Tal's novels - they have to be experienced blind.

If you've ever read anything from him then I'll summarise by saying this book has all the feels of Enemies Of the State, the absolute mind twisting of Hush and Whisper, and the thrilling edge of The Murder Between Us.

It's romantic suspense perfection and the subtle nods to that other White House couple were the best kind of Easter Eggs.

I don't know exactly what Tal did in his previous political/legal-y Government-y career, but the intricate detail in the narrative felt wholly believable to me!

The actual deep plot, while it feels and sounds like it should be implausible, actually has precedents, although not to this level and reminded me of all the best political Cold War thrillers.

This works as a standalone, but there's definitely wriggle room to get another peek onto Jonathan and Sean's lives and a couple of the other Government spooks intrigue me too!

Do yourselves a favour and read this one as soon as it's out, you really don't want to have it spoiled.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Of.

February 21, 2021 – Started Reading
February 21, 2021 – Shelved
February 21, 2021 – Shelved as: to-read
February 21, 2021 – Shelved as: favorites
February 21, 2021 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Gerbera_Reads Fantastic review, Cadiva! I can't wait to dig in! <3