Nicole Zupich's Reviews > Off Balance

Off Balance by Dominique Moceanu

bookshelves: biographies

What an amazing eye-opener. I've been a fan of the Magnificent Seven since the beginning. Once Dominique's family issues hit the press well after the Atlanta Olympics, I found myself incredibly curious about her life and experiences.

This book served not only as an eye-opener to her rough family life growing up, but also to the insanity of the Karolyis as well as the politics surrounding Olympic gymnast selection and the organization of USA Gymnastics as a whole.

The horrible treatment she received from the Karolyis leaves me wondering to what heights her career could have gone, if she'd actually had a proper coach and proper equipment. What an amazing girl with amazing strength.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Off Balance.

August 4, 2012 – Shelved
September 19, 2012 – Started Reading
September 19, 2012 –
page 50
September 27, 2012 –
page 110
September 29, 2012 – Finished Reading
November 9, 2012 – Shelved as: biographies

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen I'm glad you liked this. Just added it to my to-read list. Long live The Magnificent Seven!

Nicole Zupich Jennifer wrote: "I'm glad you liked this. Just added it to my to-read list. Long live The Magnificent Seven!"

It isn't strongly written, but it doesn't matter, because the focal point is the story itself. I'd heard rumors about the Karolyis and her story is just insanity. Between her crazy father and dealing with the Karolyis, I cannot imagine being her. Let me know what you think!