Jennifer's Reviews > Portrait of a Spy

Portrait of a Spy by Daniel Silva

Aug 04, 2012

This is the first Daniel Silva book I have read, but it certainly won't be the last. The Fallen Angel is on my nightstand right now. I don't think I can say anything about this book better than the review that is on the back cover, which says,

"Set against the disparate world of art and intelligence, Portrait of a Spy moves swiftly from the corridors of power in Washington to the glamorous auction houses of NY and London to the unforgivable landscape of the Saudi desert."

One of the settings not mentioned here is a quaint village in Cornwall where the reader can smell freshly baked scones and taste the butter and strawberry jam. Get me a flight there NOW!

Anyway, the review continues, "Featuring a climax that will leave the reader haunted long after they turn the final page, this deeply entertaining story is also a breathtaking portrait of courage in the face of unspeakable evil --and Daniel Silva's most breathtaking novel to date."

Obviously I can't speak to that as this is the first of his novels that I have read. Nevertheless, I can't wait to read more. This is a book well-done.

jss

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Portrait of a Spy.