Lei's Reviews > A Child Called "It"

A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer

Nov 22, 2008

Recommended to Lei by: my drama teacher
Recommended for: anyone who likes to read

This book was really sad. The fact that it was a real story made it way sadder. At one point when i was reading the part about the bathroom and mirror treatment, i almost cried. I can't believe that anyone would do such things to their own flesh and blood.If i was David, i would have tried to run away or tell somebody at my school of the things that were happening at home.
The person that i actually hated more that the mother in the book was David's father.How can you sit around watching a sick person torture your son and not do anything? Even if he was scared of the mother, he could have anonymously called the police and report that a boy was being abused.I'm glad that he finally got away from his mother.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Child Called "It".

Started Reading
November 16, 2008 – Finished Reading
November 22, 2008 – Shelved

Vanessa oh my gosh you read this book, when i was friends with that girl she lend me the book. its a good book. i think the mother beat the son because he was going to be someone in life. the part where he got stabbed made me cry. another part that made me cry was when she locked her son in the bathroom with the clorox and amonia. that made me weep. i felt so sorry for the boy but when he was taken away i was happy. i think tahat the father and brothers should have fought for the boy.its sad the way that the mother didn't feed him and he had to eat from the courage. the father is a punk, anyone who let their child get tortured is evil and the abuser is a monster.A Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive

Zahara In my English class a few other students and I created a blog on the next two books in the series. If you`re interested, please check it out! I would appreciate any feedback.

Priscilla This book almost made me cry. How can a mother do that to their own child? If I was David I would have told a teacher or a cop!