Shelley's Reviews > My Sister, the Serial Killer

My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite

bookshelves: audiobook

It feels weird to call this a fun book when it's about a serial killer, but it kind of is. The tale of two sisters, one blithely homicidal, the other dutifully trying to protect the other, is a fresh take on both the experience of being a woman in the world and dealing with a difficult sibling that you love in spite of it all.

It's not really a laugh-out-loud type of story, but there's a bit of wit to the telling of it. There's just enough depth to glean an understanding of the two sisters and their motivations, but it's not trying to delve deep into plot or motivation. It gives enough to make it a good read (or listen, in my case).

My format of choice was a BBC Radio version of the book (available for free on the BBC Sounds website), which was abridged into seven 15-minute segments. This was perfect for listening in snippets while doing a Target run for a quick curbside pickup, but I'm sure I sacrificed some details for that convenience (the Audible version is a little over twice as long). I already bought the ebook for a read down the road.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Sister, the Serial Killer.

February 14, 2021 – Started Reading