Rosebud's Reviews > The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires

The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper

Aug 03, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary, m-f, paranormal, snark, steamy-non-erotica, vampires
Read in August, 2012

First book I've read by this author.

I liked this book. It has the snarky human heroine Iris pitted against the alpha vampire Cal who are forced to join forces to solve a threat against the vampire population in the form of poisoned blood. It's a humor/suspense read that is well written and entertaining with a cast of secondary characters that add so much in terms of depth and world building.

The format is a m/f romantic read that is steamy hot but not erotic. I would have liked to have felt a little more sexual tension and dialogue between the two but the author gave the vampire persona a type of distant stand offish attitude so I guess it made sense not to. There are so many parts of this book that had me in stitches as the story line progressed. Don't get me wrong there is a central plot with a mystery to solve that has a lot of twists and turns that kept me guessing throughout the book. I do have to say I did figure out who the 'who done it' evil person was early on which I was proud about but there were a lot of other surprises that were really good.

I did have issues with parts of the story but they were more of a personal opinion based on my extensive reading history of books with a similar theme vs a definite concrete criticism which is why I didn't rate this a five star rating. Also, as I didn't read Molly Harper’s 'Jane Jameson Nice Girls series' parts of this story with the cameo players didn't work for me but the overall book and story are a stand alone otherwise which I really enjoyed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires.