JK's Reviews > The Blinding Knife

The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks

Aug 03, 2012

Holy crap. Holy crap. HOLY CRAP.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blinding Knife.

August 3, 2012 – Shelved
January 19, 2013 – Started Reading
January 19, 2013 –
5.0% "I intended to read something I already owned, not something new I would have to buy. Oops. My bad.\n \n Honestly, though, this is just too good to pass up. I don't know why I waited this long to read it anyhow."
January 19, 2013 –
January 20, 2013 –
15.0% "Gah. POV changes are so frustrating. I enjoy the stories being told of the characters are really interesting, but damnit, the chapters on Gavin are so short. I want to read about him. \n \n \n I realllly like Brent Weeks. His writing mist pulls me in completely. Which means I should be further along in this, but I've been distracted. >_<"
January 20, 2013 –
January 24, 2013 –
30.0% "Holy crap. That Crassos lady is fucking nuts."
January 26, 2013 –
42.0% "Holy crap. That Sharp guy is even more fucking nuts.\n \n \n Also, I really wish I didn't have to leave for work. I was getting into a really good reading state just now. :("
January 27, 2013 –
50.0% "So much has already happened ... and I'm only halfway done?"
January 29, 2013 –
70.0% "I'm so pleased that I never know what to expect from this series. I see a move even a blind man could see coming and then... well... it doesn't happen. Weeks does what he wants and throws convention and cliche right out the window."
January 30, 2013 –
75.0% "From this point on, I'm keeping my fingers crossed while reading. Please don't let Gavin be killed off in this. >_<"
February 2, 2013 –
February 3, 2013 –
90.0% "Sometimes I don't know what I'm thinking when I subject myself to such a turmoil of emotions that good books evoke."
February 3, 2013 – Finished Reading

Hitandmiss I loved the Night Angel series, so I really don't want to start these books till I have all 3 in my hands.

message 2: by JK (new) - rated it 5 stars

JK Someone mentioned in a review it might be four books. I need to figure that out because if it is... I might have to wait for he last two to be published before reading. This mans knows how to write and exactly where to leave off a story to make the most tortuous wait.

I have the Naughtily Angle series on my Kindle. I'll probably read it sometime this year when I'm jonsing for more of the Lightbreaker series. :D

Hitandmiss I read it before i read some better fant, so I love it even though its not as good as some of the other stuff i've read lately.

Is a fun series that gets pretty brutal at times, but I enjoyed the assassin aspect of it.