birdie's Reviews > I Think I Love You

I Think I Love You by Auriane Desombre

liked it
bookshelves: arcs, lgbtqiap, sapphic, contemporary

if you think i could resist reading a sapphic book with 1) a hate-to-love romance and 2) a film festival...you clearly think of me too highly. i am weak, okay? i see the cutest cover ever and hear it's sapphic and i am craving the book. that's about 80% of my personality at this point.

an interview with the author of this book can now be found on my blog! click here to read it!

i used to never read light-hearted books, especially not romcoms, so i'm trying to get into them more and this definitely was one that made me so incredibly happy! i found myself actually loving just reading without thinking too much, you know?

i loved the setting of this book so much! as an absolute movie-freak it was so much fun to see the characters be so passionate about the film festival and how their own love story developed while, well, developing their own movies! there's also something about sophia and emma. their chemistry was so cute and wholesome.

i 100% believe they are real. i refuse to believe anything else.

there's also a pretty good balance between the more serious stuff (like sophia's parents their divorce and emma not being out to her parents). about emma: being bisexual myself, I definitely related to her and the representation made me so incredibly happy! especially this quote:

"When I come out to them, I want them to know that bisexuality is valid, and I want them to know that bisexual love stories are as possible and beautiful and lovely as any other."

and that's exactly why i'm so happy i picked this up: we got to see that. and that's so, so important.

the thing just is: romcoms are something i'm gonna need some time to get used to. while i usually read books with lots of descriptions and build-up, this one was more straightforward? like i said, i really enjoyed not having to crack my brain over things, but it also felt really...ill at ease, to be honest? so i guess this is a typical case of it's-not-you-it's-me.

that being said, this is a very positive three-stars for me though! i read it in one sitting and enjoyed my time with it a lot! highly recommend if anyone's looking for some sapphic cuteness!

thank you to the publisher for providing me with this book in exchange for an honest review! this did not affect my opinions in any way.

blog | bookstagram | more

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Think I Love You.

February 11, 2021 – Shelved