Tari's Reviews > Deadly Delights

Deadly Delights by Laura Jensen Walker

bookshelves: netgalley

I really enjoyed visitng Lake Potawatomi again. The timeline of the story was the same summer as the first book. Teddie's a great main character and so open about having had breast cancer along with all the decisions she made with it. I love that she's got a sassy or funny comeback for pretty much everything and won't take lip from anyone. Her dog is a total sweetheart too. I really like her two besties, Char and Sharon. Char is such a hoot, and it doesn't hurt matters that she dates the chief of police. Sharon tends to take on the mom role of the trio, since she's the only one with kids. Another character Astrid, the older artist friend of Teddie's cracks me up too!

There were some good side stories going on, one which involved Teddie's mom. I think it might have helped bring them a bit closer. After the murder at the baking contest, Teddie and her friends set out to investigate, mainly to clear Teddie and Sophie's names and give blabbermouth Wilma something else to talk about. There was a twist I sure never saw coming, very clever though. The showdown was quick but awesome. A couple more sweet things happened once everything was cleared up. What a great ending!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own. This book publishes tomorrow, June 8, 2021.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Delights.

February 10, 2021 – Shelved