Tari's Reviews > Ruby Red Herring

Ruby Red Herring by Tracy  Gardner

bookshelves: netgalley

Oh my gosh this book grabbed my attention right off the bat and didn't let go until the end! It was cozy mystery meets a cozy version of National Treasure or a modern but cozy Indy Jones or possibly Night at the Museum. Not that anyone was running through caves or museums (although the setting was an antiquities museum), but the mystery kept building around a couple of different points. And one of those points led to an amazingly happy ending.

I loved the genuine friendship Avery had with her business partners and how they treated her like a daughter after having lost her dad, their good friend. Tilly and Avery's relationship was great! It was silly, fun and sometimes serious if needed. Avery was an amazing older sister, and Tilly was surprising with some of the insight she had at times. And who wouldn't love Aunt Midge! She wasn't a cuddly type aunt, but she loved the girls so much she'd given up living in Manhattan to stay with them when their parents died. Art should get an award for detective of the century or something for not giving up on his cases. I hope eventually that can include boyfriend of the century! ;)

The dynamics between Avery and Art were great and I loved how even if she didn't listen to him, he didn't make her feel bad but did show his displeasure with whatever it was she did. But he also respected her and didn't just tell her that her ideas were silly when she came to him with a crazy one. The ending was amazing and well-wrapped up as you'll see when you read it--the whole book was just hard to put down and nearly impossible to find a suitable stopping point for things like sleeping or eating, lol. I'm super excited for the next book in this series! Keep 'em coming, Ms. Gardner!

The book releases on June 8. I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruby Red Herring.

February 10, 2021 – Shelved