Megan's Reviews > We Can Remember It for You Wholesale

Aug 03, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, summer-reads-2012
Read in August, 2012

I read this story because I vowed that I would every piece of literature that inspired a movie that I plan on seeing this year. My friend wants me to see the new Total Recall movie with him, so I gave this short story a whirl.

I liked it mostly because of the odd ending. It made me laugh out of a mixture of the absurdity and irony of it. That's always a plus in my book.

Other than the ending, I found the concept intriguing and terrifying. Another plus. However, I felt that a lot could have been added and expanded on--that it could've been better. I guess that's why the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie was made. It's hard to compare the two because they're so different in my mind, so I won't. All I can say is that I liked them both but in different ways.

Overall, I thought this story would have more action and suspense than it did because of misconceptions associated with the movie, but I don't regret reading it. It was enjoyable and the ending was funny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Can Remember It for You Wholesale.

03/12/2016 marked as: read