Jessica(WonderlandReviews)'s Reviews > Darkness Devours

Darkness Devours by Keri Arthur

Aug 03, 2012

So I was doing my normal scan of the book's in wal-mart while I was grocery shopping and then, what do my eyes spy? But a new Keri Arthur book, and I won't lie I did a fan girl squee. Yes, it earned me many a strange looks from the women and children looking as well but it was well worth it.

Keri Arthur is probably on my top five favorite author list. She never gets old and that is saying allot given the amount of works she has written.

I know when I pick up a book with her name on it, I am not going to be disappointed.

I actually keep up with release dates since I get so invested with her series but with Darkness Devour I was caught off guard given the busy schedule my life has taken. So it was an awesome surprise to pick up the third installment of the series.

Fan's of Risa's Reaper, this book is the one for you. I was clenching the sides of the book until my knuckles were white with anticipation as the moment grew and then seemed to fade, only to grow again. This was a moment that took three books in the making and I was not let down!

That is the best thing about Arthur's books, her relationship's are complex, they don't meet and fall in love in the first five chapter's like so many other books do. No, they struggle with it and you can't help but become involved in the character's life as you silently will them together.

I also like that with the action she pack's into her pages, it doesn't seemed rushed, it is like a movie script and if I closed my eyes I could see each punch and spray of blood.

Favorite Charrie: Tao.

Rating:

5 Raven's

**This is a book I bought with my own money, the statement's above are my own thoughts and opinions, I was in no way compensated for my review. Thanks!**
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Devours.