Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > My Almost Ex

My Almost Ex by Piper Rayne

bookshelves: arcs

I loved this book so much! Devoured it in hours! The Greene family is so easy to love. Truth? After reading the Bailey series by this author, I didn't think they could top it. But I should have known better because with Piper Rayne almost each new book becomes my favorite.

Adam and Lucy's story was amazing. Angsty, emotional, and sad at times. Not for a single moment did I believe Lucy left Adam because of anything he had done. He was so devastated by her leaving the way she did. And boy was it a shock to everyone when she returned with amnesia. I appreciated the way Adam behaved because it was realistic. And while there is definitely angst, my feeling is that it is moderate which is my preference.

With the rest of the Greene family all up in Adam and Lucy's business, the serious tone of the story had plenty of humor to balance the plot.

I don't want to say too much because I want you to go into the story without spoilers. Really, I thought this was an incredible story and am already eager to reread. That said, I'm so excited for what comes next in the Greene family. While these books can be enjoyed as a standalone, you should definitely start at the beginning with Hank and Marla's novella and see how it all started. You do that and you will only enhance your reading pleasure.

Having read an advanced reading copy of this novel, I can assure you that this is my honest and unbiased review and I thank you for taking the time to read it. :)

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Almost Ex.

February 10, 2021 – Shelved