Ann aka Iftcan's Reviews > The Lady is a Vamp

The Lady is a Vamp by Lynsay Sands

Aug 02, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy, humour, pnr, romance, series-book, vampire
Read in August, 2012

In this, the latest of the Argeneau Vampires book, we have Jeanne Louise Argeneau finding her HEA--and it was someone that she worked with--well at any rate, he worked at Argeneau Enterprises as she did--who took the same breaks, and ate his meals at the same time she did. All this and she had no idea that he was there. However, thanks to matchmaker extroidinaire Margarite, they were thrust together.

As is usual with the Argeneau books there was some angst with getting them together, and, frankly, this was the least believable of all the books methods of "getting them together/meeting." I won't say what it is (so no spoilers) I'll just say that I found it totally unbelievable and frankly, off-putting. I know that we are required to do a great deal of suspension of belief for any book that deals with vampires of any kind at all, much less scientifically created ones from Atlantis (and yes, for those who are not familiar with this series, the vampires--or Immortals as they prefer--are really descendents of Atlantis, altho a few are still alive who actually LIVED in Atlantis before it fell.) I have to admit, that I find biological nanobots very believable and think that they are much more believable than cursed, dark, brooding undead, but even so, there are just some things that totally push us beyond even a fan's ability to ignore.

However, once we DID get past the totally unbelievable method of getting them together, it was a good read. However, because of that problem, this is a 3.5 to 4 rather than the usual 5 star read that most other Argeneau books have been.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady is a Vamp.