Tari's Reviews > Murder With a View

Murder With a View by Diane Kelly

bookshelves: netgalley

I think this might have been the best book in the series so far. What made it even better for me might be that I read it right after I read the second book, so things were super fresh in my mind. I loved the idea of them renovating an old motel into a building of condo units with really cool retro colors. The best thing was that Whitney and Buck were having such success at this, they were a little more equipped for a loan with a good but unlikely partner.

I wasn't sure what to make of Jimmy at first. Since he was a veteran, I definitely wanted to think the best of him. He turned out to be a great friend, and I do hope he comes back to visit sometime. It was cute to see Buck and Colette together kind of dancing around the dating thing. Whitney and Collin were much closer which was great. I had a feeling I knew whodunit, but then I got lost in a red herring and wasn't sure. It was really an exciting showdown though! I love how all the books have had a complete explanation at the end which wraps up the renovation as well as the case.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder With a View.

February 7, 2021 – Shelved