Julie 's Reviews > Pup Fiction

Pup Fiction by Laurien Berenson

bookshelves: 2021, cozy-mystery, animals-and-pets, e-book, klovers, kensington, netgalley, mystery-shelf

Pup Fiction by Laurien Berenson is a 2021 Kensington publication.

Talk about getting a late start on a series! I picked up Berensonโ€™s twenty-sixth installment in the Melanie Travis series while looking for a Halloween themed cozy mystery last year. It was surprisingly easy to drop into the series, even at such a late date. I liked the book so much, I decided to read the next installment to see if my luck would continue. (There is no way I could read through twenty-five installments to catch up with the series- especially with all the other series I have committed myself to ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜)

I love the standard poodles, and the dog shows- plus, this story also features three adorable Dalmatian puppies, adding even more charm to the book.

But, alas, this is not just a story about dogs. It would seem that Melanieโ€™s old friend, Emily, who runs the summer camp her boys are attending, is in a spot of trouble.

First, there are several odd occurrences at the camp, then the body of Emilyโ€™s ex-husband is found dead very close to the camp, making her a person of interest in the case. Emily asks Melanie to help her out by doing a little sleuthing on the side. Because she knew Emily for such a long time, and because her sonโ€™s safety could be at stake, she agrees, although Emily may not be telling Melanie everything she needs to know.

The mystery is really good- I thought I had it figured out- but I was wrong! LOL! With a good whodunit and all those wonderful furry friends, it looks like I will be continuing on with this series!

4 stars
76 likes ·  โˆ™ flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pup Fiction.

February 6, 2021 – Shelved
May 21, 2021 – Shelved as: kensington
May 21, 2021 – Shelved as: netgalley
May 21, 2021 – Shelved as: mystery-shelf
May 21, 2021 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)

message 1: by Regina (new)

Regina Sounds adorable! Hard to resist that cover and title, too.

Julie Regina wrote: "Sounds adorable! Hard to resist that cover and title, too."

Thanks so much, Regina!! The cover is just too cute!! ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’–

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy W. Iโ€™ve never read the series either, but it sounds like a good one!

Julie Wendy wrote: "Iโ€™ve never read the series either, but it sounds like a good one!"

I think it's pretty popular. Quite enjoyable! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿถ

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria You had me at that cover! But your review is delightfully fun too! โค๏ธ

Julie Victoria wrote: "You had me at that cover! But your review is delightfully fun too! โค๏ธ"

Thanks so much, Victoria!! The cover is irresistible!! ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’–

Kat (Books are Comfort Food) Well, I certainly love the title and cover! Iโ€™m glad the story did not disappoint. ๐Ÿ’–

message 8: by Kat (last edited May 21, 2021 05:01PM) (new)

Kat That title is perfect, as are those two cute faces :) Nice review, Julie!

message 9: by Tina (new)

Tina Better late than never Julie! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'm so glad this was an enjoyment for you!! ๐Ÿถ ๐ŸŽ€

message 10: by Elena (new)

Elena aah puppies! you can never go wrong with them. glad you enjoyed this, julie! ๐Ÿ’–

message 11: by JanB (new)

JanB I love that the author wrote a series that you can jump in at any point. Excellent review Julie! And dogs!! ๐Ÿ˜

Julie Kat (Books are Comfort Food) wrote: "Well, I certainly love the title and cover! Iโ€™m glad the story did not disappoint. ๐Ÿ’–"

Many thanks, dear Kat! ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’–

Julie Kat wrote: "That title is perfect, as are those two cute faces :) Nice review, Julie!"

Thanks so much, Kat!! Aren't they cute? ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’–

Julie Tina wrote: "Better late than never Julie! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'm so glad this was an enjoyment for you!! ๐Ÿถ ๐ŸŽ€"

Thanks so much, Tina!! True! ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’–

Julie Elena wrote: "aah puppies! you can never go wrong with them. glad you enjoyed this, julie! ๐Ÿ’–"

Thanks so much, Elena!! So true! ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’–

message 16: by Antoinette (new)

Antoinette Terrific review, Julie!

Julie JanB wrote: "I love that the author wrote a series that you can jump in at any point. Excellent review Julie! And dogs!! ๐Ÿ˜"

Thanks so much, Jan!! I do too...and of course the dogs are a big bonus too! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿถ

Julie Antoinette wrote: "Terrific review, Julie!"

Thanks so much, Antoinette!! ๐Ÿ’–

message 19: by Ceecee (new)

Ceecee A whodunnit with dogs? Yes please!! Love the title ๐Ÿ˜‚Great review Julie โค๏ธ๐ŸŒบ

Julie Ceecee wrote: "A whodunnit with dogs? Yes please!! Love the title ๐Ÿ˜‚Great review Julie โค๏ธ๐ŸŒบ"

Thanks so much, dear Ceecee!! ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’–

message 21: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Fabulous review Julie! Love the cover!๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ’–

Julie Kaceey wrote: "Fabulous review Julie! Love the cover!๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ’–"

Thanks so much, Kaceey!! Soooo cute!! ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’–

message 23: by Holly (new)

Holly  B I'm always late on a series,lol Grear review Julie!

Julie Holly wrote: "I'm always late on a series,lol Grear review Julie!"

Thanks so much, Holly!! Me too- I'm forever trying to catch up! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿถ

message 25: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Aww, what a cute book cover! Great review Julie! :D

Julie Sandra wrote: "Aww, what a cute book cover! Great review Julie! :D"

Many thanks, Sandra! ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’–

Richard (on hiatus) I misread the title and was surprised by the cover!! Great review Julie :)

message 28: by Meredith (new)

Meredith What a cute cover! Fantastic review, Julie!

Julie Meredith wrote: "What a cute cover! Fantastic review, Julie!"

Thanks so much, Meredith!! ๐Ÿ’–