Have Coffee Need Books's Reviews > Not My Match

Not My Match by Ilsa Madden-Mills

Oh, I'm such a big fan! IMM! Hearts and doodles. Who does Sports Romance Better?

And let me preface this with the disclaimer there are barely any sports in this--Not My Match is an Ode to Nerd-dom and Physics. I'm talking the Multiverse, anti-matter, CERN, String Theory, purple aliens with sexy tails--wait, she took the tail out--we are saying yes to STEM! And hello, to women in STEM. My kinda book. And Giselle Riley is my book girlfriend!

Devon Walsh, #89, has a crush. Man, is he bad hiding it. Just about anyone looking at him grinding his teeth while other men talk to Giselle can see it written in blood. But nope, Giselle isn't his type. Too innocent. Too good. Too smart. Too in need of him to help her find the perfect match for her because she can do better than anyone she's picking out for herself.

Twenty-three years-old, with a cursed birthday only days away, it's time to ditch the V-card. Only humiliation is on the horizon when Giselle finds out her brother-in-law told his football teammates about her being experienced-challenged and off the table when it comes to having any possible fun. Worse yet, her crush Devon seems to be the one set to be her keeper and help her find the right guy, not realizing the guy she wants is him!

Not My Match is a lot of mixed signals and whacky fun. The heroine reminded me so much of someone I knew that I could hear my friend's voice saying her lines. I loved this character. And Myrtle and Pookie.

If you are a fan of Pippa Grant or Allison Parr take a chance on this one.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not My Match.

Finished Reading
January 21, 2021 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
January 21, 2021 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
January 23, 2021 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
February 6, 2021 – Shelved