Richard Wagaman's Reviews > Dream New Dreams: Reimagining My Life After Loss

Dream New Dreams by Jai Pausch

Aug 01, 2012

In my mind, if there ever was a book that should receive six stars it was Jai Pausch's new book--Dream New Dreams. It isn't often in one's lifetime that they get the chance to live their life throught the pages of a book. That was the case with this book. Randy Pausch was a friend of mine for over 12 years. I never had the honor of meeting hsi wife, Jai, but I knew much about her due to Randy's obvious love for her. I learned about their children the same way.

When Randy's cancer was discovered in the summer of 2006, Jai and Randy had three children under the age of five (a newborn, a 22 month old and a four and half year old). They had been married less than six years. By this time I had known Randy for a little over ten years. The next 2 years, until his death in July 2008, were whirlwind of activity for the Pausch family. It was this whirlwind that that formed the core of Jai's book. What it was like to see a Care Giver, a Mother of children under the age of seven and a Wife with little or no help.

The last hundred pages were dedicated to Jai and the children's recovery of the loss of a very rare individual--their husband and father. Randy loved people, but he loved his family the most! He always talked about about his family from the day that he met Jai until the day he died. Randy even created a list of good men for Jai to consider after he was gone--advise to men NEVER, EVER do this. Jai was furious with Randy, but quickly realized that this was one of the few ways that he needed to real comfortable in his life's final stages.

Please red this book.
If Randy was great in challenging the mind, Jai is eqully great is touching the the heart and soul. in this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dream New Dreams.

06/16 marked as: read