Heidi Hanson's Reviews > Confidence Men: Wall Street, Washington, and the Education of a President

Confidence Men by Ron Suskind

Aug 01, 2012

liked it

If you would like to get really, really mad read "Confidence Men" by Suskind. The book explains in layman's terms some of the very complicated financial situations that created the crash of 2008. Once you have a better understanding, however, you will be insensed. Too big to fail? Was Detriot or the steel industry "too big to fail?" If you didn't realize it already the book makes it crystal clear that Wall Streeters love the rules of the game until they lose. Then, it is time to rewrite the rules to their benefit.

Many reviewers have commented that specific quotes in the book have been denied by those who were quoted. I place less importance on these aspects of the book since it is expected specific quotes will be denied once they have been shown the light of day. The real value of the book, in my opinion, is the detailed explanations of our current financial industry and the arrogant fools who are in charge of it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confidence Men.