Kelly-Ann ~ Sassy Bookish Mama's Reviews > From This Moment

From This Moment by Kim Vogel Sawyer

1923595

liked it

It has been a long time since I have read a Kim Vogel Sawyer book and I am glad that I was able to read this one. It was a inspiring and well written. The characters were definitely relatable and endearing. There are multiple story lines happening but it definitely doesn't get confusing so they are easy to read and follow. There is a bit of mystery surrounding the ring found so it makes the story interesting.

There are quite a few characters that are introduced but some the main ones are Laurie, Kenzie and Jase. Kenzie is a former Amish girl who learned about God and decided to leave her order to follow her beliefs. She lives a simple life and works with Lori. They both have had some difficult times in their lives which has made it difficult for them to progress. Jase has also had some heartache as he not only looks back at his life as a foster care child and sees the things he didn't have but also losing his fiancee in a fatal accident brings some struggles in trusting God.

Overall this was a good story. It touches on some deep points like Lori's eating disorder and insecurities. The element of faith and redemption moves throughout the book flawlessly but this story moved a little slow for me and I found myself making myself read it. I was also disappointed in the romantic aspect of it. Since the book started with Kenzie I just thought the love story would revolve around her and Jase, instead it was Jase and Lori which fell a little flat for me.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From This Moment.

February 2, 2021 – Shelved