Karen & Gerard's Reviews > Unspeakable

Unspeakable by Sandra Brown

Jul 31, 2012

bookshelves: adventure, death, favorites, funny, mystery, romance, relationships, suspense, thriller
Read in July, 2012

Unspeakable by Sandra Brown is an interesting novel because it has three main story lines and I only guessed the ending of one of them. The first is the two escaped convicts Carl and Myron, who can’t even stay out of trouble until meeting up with Carl’s brother. This bunch is mean! Another interesting story line is about the newly retired policeman, Ezzy and his preoccupation with an unsolved crime from 22 years ago. The third is about a deaf/voluntary mute widow, Anna, and her 5-yr-old son, David who live with her father-in-law on a ranch. Shortly after Carl and Myron escape from prison, John Sawyer, a drifter, suspiciously arrives to offer to be their ranch hand. Although he is a good worker and eventually Anna begins to fall for him, something just seems off about him.

This book is very well written too; it was easy to follow the different story lines and keep characters straight. I liked the character development which gave this book a realistic flavor and the fact that everything was explained in the end and there are no loose ends. Unspeakable is packed with humor, action, suspense, romance which mix together making this a really good read that kept my attention throughout! I highly recommend it.
(Karen's review)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unspeakable.