Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > The Shadow Man

The Shadow Man by Helen Sarah Fields

liked it
bookshelves: 2021, arc, netgalley, publisher, sociopath, thriller

He's the shadow of a man and yet, he's strong enough to capture his victims.

How does he do it?

Helen Fields has given us a quite dark and disturbing tale. One that for the most part kept me entertained.

A woman, Elspeth, has been abducted, and to find her Connie Woolwine, an American forensic psychologist, and detective Brodie Baarda have teamed up. Connie is making a profile of the psychopath and soon she learns that the body of a woman named Angela has a connection with Elspeth's abduction. Connie knows there has to be a reason for these women to be selected. She and Baarda know time is running out. Will they find her in time?

The Shadow Man had some quite gruesome scenes that made my stomach queazy. My imagination ran wild with all the things The Shadow Man did. Same with some of the discoveries that were described. The last showdown was terrifying.

Connie was a great character! Someone smart, unflappable, and resourceful.

I will like to see her back with Baarda for another investigation.

Cliffhanger: No

3/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Avon Books UK via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow Man.

February 1, 2021 – Started Reading
February 14, 2021 – Shelved as: netgalley
February 14, 2021 – Shelved as: publisher
February 14, 2021 – Shelved as: sociopath
February 14, 2021 – Shelved as: thriller

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)

Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Terrific review Sheyla!

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa ~ Bantering Books Great review, Sheyla! :)

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina Hmmm. Gruesome and queasy doesn't appeal right now, so thanks for the heads up on this one!

message 4: by Kat (last edited Feb 14, 2021 05:47PM) (new)

Kat Excellent review, Sheyla! I'm still trying to decide if my nerves can handle this one.

Sheyla ✎ Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews wrote: "Terrific review Sheyla!"

Thank you, Lindsay!

Sheyla ✎ Melissa wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! :)"

Thank you, Melissa.

Sheyla ✎ Regina wrote: "Hmmm. Gruesome and queasy doesn't appeal right now, so thanks for the heads up on this one!"

Glad to help :)

Sheyla ✎ Kat wrote: "Excellent review, Sheyla! I'm still trying to decide if my nerves can handle this one."

Thank you, Kat. Well if you decide to read it, let me know what you think.

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael David Great review, Sheyla! Sounds very intense.

Farrah Really great review Sheyla!! 💛

Sheyla ✎ Michael wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! Sounds very intense."

Thank you, Michael!

Sheyla ✎ Farrah wrote: "Really great review Sheyla!! 💛"

Thank you, Farrah!

message 13: by Norma (new)

Norma Fabulous review, Sheyla! :)

Sheyla ✎ Norma wrote: "Fabulous review, Sheyla! :)"

Thank you, Norma!

Dorie  - Cats&Books :) Great review, I bailed on this one, too gruesome for me 😐

Kristen I bailed too. I was bored 😑

Sheyla ✎ Dorie - Cats&Books :) wrote: "Great review, I bailed on this one, too gruesome for me 😐"

Thank you, Dorie. I don't blame you.

Sheyla ✎ Kristen wrote: "I bailed too. I was bored 😑"

I can see why.

message 19: by Jayme (new)

Jayme I didn’t request after a couple of reviews warned it was gruesome! Glad I passed! Great review!

Dorie  - Cats&Books :) Glad I bailed on this one, great review Sheyla :)

message 21: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Great review, Dorie!

Sheyla ✎ Jayme wrote: "I didn’t request after a couple of reviews warned it was gruesome! Glad I passed! Great review!"

Thank you, Jayme.

Sheyla ✎ Dorie - Cats&Books :) wrote: "Glad I bailed on this one, great review Sheyla :)"

Thank you, Dorie.

message 24: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea Nice review. On my list to read.🌞🌞

preoccupiedbybooks Great review Sheyla! I enjoyed it more than you did, but glad you liked Connie, I too would like to see them paired up again!

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* Excellent review Sheyla. I too would like to see this duo back,.❤📚

Sheyla ✎ Andrea wrote: "Nice review. On my list to read.🌞🌞"

Thank you, Andrea!

Sheyla ✎ preoccupiedbybooks wrote: "Great review Sheyla! I enjoyed it more than you did, but glad you liked Connie, I too would like to see them paired up again!"

Connie was great! I wouldn't mind reading about her again.

Sheyla ✎ Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* wrote: "Excellent review Sheyla. I too would like to see this duo back,.❤📚"

Me too! I liked them a lot.

message 30: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Great review, Sheyla! 💗 Connie was the best. I loved her.

Sheyla ✎ Michelle wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! 💗 Connie was the best. I loved her."

Thank you, Michelle. I would like to see Connie again.

Kaceey Fantastic review Sheyla! I hope we see Connie again in her next release!🤞🤞💜

Sheyla ✎ Kaceey wrote: "Fantastic review Sheyla! I hope we see Connie again in her next release!🤞🤞💜"
Me too. I like her a lot.

Beata Great review, Sheyla :))

Sheyla ✎ Beata wrote: "Great review, Sheyla :))"

Thank you, Beata.