Tari's Reviews > Death by Chocolate Snickerdoodle

Death by Chocolate Snickerdoodle by Sarah Graves

bookshelves: netgalley

It's always a fun and suspense-filled roller coaster ride when Jake and Ellie are on a case! I'm always sitting there reading as fast as I can as they get into one investigating scrape after the other, but most of the time they get away without being seen. Although their friend and police officer Bob's watchful eyeballs usually do see them or had a report of them doing something, and they have to answer to his lecture later. At least he's never gone through with his arrest threat...yet lol.

I know who I desperately wanted to be the killer, but things don't usually work that way. At least I had the real killer in my radar. The showdown was quite the hair-raising experience for the girls, followed by everything being explained with a nice wrapped-up ending.

I liked that they addressed Mika's issues after having her second child. I've heard it 's a very real thing to have brain fog trying to take care of a toddler and an infant. The solution couldn't have been better though, and it helped several people by ending up that way. I liked Helen and Anna's side story too, and that ended well for all involved. I'm always looking forward to the next book and what adventure one of my favorite bestie sleuth pairs will get into next!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death by Chocolate Snickerdoodle.

February 1, 2021 – Shelved