Roberta Cheadle's Reviews > Finding David: A Paranormal Short Story

Finding David by Stevie Turner

This story is completely unique and unusual and left me thinking long and hard about my own ideas concerning spirits and the afterworld. After all, spirits are either good or bad, depending on their lives and the circumstances surrounding their deaths, aren't they? They are not a little of each just like humans?

Karen, accompanied by her reluctant second husband, Mick, attends a spiritual meeting hosted by a famous clairvoyant, Rae Cordelle. Karen's son, David, who died 15 years previously, when he was just 9 years old, appears and speaks to the clairvoyant. He has a message for his mother - a terrible message about who killed him all those years ago.

Mick is disbelieving of the entire matter but Karen has an urgent need to meet up with Rae and find out what David had to say about his murderer. The information Rae imparts turns Karen's whole world upside down, and threatens to destroy here marriage.

I enjoyed the character of Rae Cordelle who was cool and collected throughout the book and also confident in her abilities as a medium. She competently guided firstly, Karen, and then Mick through her discussions with David. Rae was also able to deal with David's internal emotional conflict when it became apparent, despite his status as a spirit.

I thought Mick was quite understanding of the entire situation and Karen's confusion and emotional turmoil as a result of David's accusation. I felt he dealt with the entire traumatic situation in a responsible way.

Karen was well portrayed as being a woman who has never recovered from the death of her only child 15 years previously. Her reactions and behavior were appropriate and resonated with me in the circumstances.

A good book and one I would recommend to people who enjoy a clever story with a paranormal element.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding David.

Finished Reading
February 1, 2021 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Stevie (new)

Stevie Turner Thanks Robbie for such a great review!

Patricia E Yarian Nice review!