Kathy * Bookworm Nation's Reviews > Love Finds You in Mackinac Island, Michigan

Jul 31, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, historical-american, romance-green
Read in July, 2012

I’ve been seeing these Love Finds You books all over lately and I thought this one had a fun premise so I decided to give it a try. I wasn’t disappointed, it was a charming story. I really liked the setting, and if I’m ever in Michigan again I will for sure check out Mackinac Island. Our main character Elena was pretty likable. She tries really hard to make her parents proud and to be a proper lady. But, on the inside she just wants to be free, has a love for life and is a kind soul. I also liked Chase; although he is extremely wealthy he was really down to earth and appreciated the little things in life. They both hear things about the other and start to form prejudices before they even meet. Then one night they do meet, but neither knows who the other really is. They bond over their love of astronomy.

As for Elena and Chase together, I was a bit disappointed. I was about 40% into the book before Elena and Chase even meet, and then they only meet a couple of times. I just didn’t buy them falling in love. Sure they had a similar interest in the stars, but really what else? Were they really in love or just in love with the idea of escaping what was expected of them? I guess I could understand why he was upset when he found out who Elena was. But, I was upset with how he handled Elena’s attack. I mean, he never even outwardly showed concern or asked how she was. That bugged me. Since we get to see the two separately throughout the book I definitely came to like them, but I think if I could have seen them together more I would have believed in them as a couple more.

Overall, I thought it was an enjoyable story. It was really well written and I felt like I took a step back into time. It was a charming story with likable characters, even the stuffy ladies. Oh, and I loved Chase’s mom Lydia!

Content: Clean. An attempted rape with little detail and stopped early on.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Finds You in Mackinac Island, Michigan.

message 1: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear This sounds cute and of course the library has them all EXCEPT this one.