Sunne's Reviews > Alex & Drew

Alex & Drew by Justin South

Jul 30, 2012

did not like it

I tried - I really tried to like it - the author had put time and love into the story and offered it for free. But I just couldn't - I finished because I don't believe in reviews without reading it but it was...sugarsweet unbelievable.

It was constructed, nearly nothing felt real and it was so over the top sweetened, the dialogues stilted. I found different unbelievable reactions - like "it was okay for Drew to rub his dick in Alex's crack"...duh, sorry, I can't believe it. The characters reminded me of Victorion swooning heroines, not 19 year old guys. And how all miracelously fell into place...duh..there were two things missing (or I have overread them because in the end I found it hard to concentrate): Alex's father appearing as ghost and giving his blessing and the nice nurse offering to be the surrogate mother for their kids.

It's often been critizied that woman write "chicks with dicks" in m/m - well, if Justin South really is a guy, he has proved that guys obviously can do that even better.

This kind of story is nothing for me - if you like overromanced ones - try it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alex & Drew.